CPTN has worked with education and fitness professionals whose aim was to develop comprehensive national and international recognized certifications which set standards of excellence in ensuring safe and effective training.
- CPTN Certified Functional Aging Specialist (CPTN-CFAS)
- CPTN Certified Fascial Posture Training Specialist (CPTN-CFPTS)
- CPTN Certified Group Fitness Leader (CPTN-CGFL)
- CPTN Certified Post-Rehabilitation Conditioning Specialist (CPTN-CPRCS)
- CPTN Certified Yoga Specialist (CPTN-CYS)
Specialist Programs in Partnership With CPTN
- FAI - Functional Aging Group Exercise Specialist (FAI-FAGES)
- IYCA Youth Fitness Specialist Level 1 (IYCA-YFS L1)
- IYCA Youth Fitness Specialist Level 2 (IYCA-YFS L2)
- NASE Speed and Explosion Specialist Level 1 (NASE-SES L1)
- NASE Speed and Explosion Specialist Level 2 (NASE-SES L2)
- YTS - FPM Barbell Training Specialist (YTS-BTS)
- YTS - FPM Bodyweight Training Specialist (YTS-BWTS)
- YTS - FPM Mind-Body Specialist (YTS-MBS)
CPTN Certification Benefits
- Eligible to work in Canada as a Certified Personal Trainer
- Eligible to submit a profile to be listed on our Find A Trainer search as a trainer
- Eligible for liability insurance coverage through our vetted Insurance Providers
Certification Transfer to CPTN-CPT
You might be eligible to transfer an existing CPT certification from another organization to become a CPTN-CPT. Your certification status must be current or no more than 6 months overdue. You will be required to provide documentation.
- CPTN-CPT Transfer Application Form (PDF, 90KB)
Certification Renewal for CPTN Trainers
You will be able to renew for 1-Year with CPTN-7 CECs or 2-Years with CPTN-14 CECs. One hour of continuing education equals 1 CPTN CEC. Certificates of completion for courses including current First Aid and CPR C/AED will be required for Document Submission at the time of renewal.
Certification Renewal for Overdue Trainers
Trainers who have lapsed in their certification status but are within the 6 month overdue period are eligible for renewal. Trainers exceeding 6 months are advised to contact Education Services for personal options for reinstatement.
Note: Membership access is not required for renewal and it will be reinstated within the 6 month overdue period.
Liability Insurance Coverage
Due to the varied nature of the positions and skills sets of our certified trainers, liability insurance is not included with CPTN certifications. However, all CPTN certifications have been preapproved through our vetted Insurance Providers.
CPTN Award of Merit Distinction (CPTN-CPT.M)
The CPTN Award of Merit was developed to recognize the excellent contributions of CPTN Certified Personal Trainers in the areas of advance certification, professional development of trainers, community involvement, athletic accomplishments and media recognition. Recognized trainers are awarded the designation: CPTN-CPT.M.