CPTN is proud of its comprehensive certification programs. Working with a dedicated group of professionals from across Canada, the mission statement of the program reflects the goals of the CPTN Certification Committee: To develop comprehensive national and international certifications which set standards of excellence to ensure safe and effective training sessions and to reflect the needs and changes within the fitness and lifestyle industry.
- CPTN Certified Cancer Exercise Specialist (CPTN-CCES)
- CPTN Certified Functional Aging Specialist (CPTN-CFAS)
- CPTN Certified Personal Trainer (CPTN-CPT)
- CPTN Certified Fascial Posture Training Specialist (CPTN-CFPTS)
- CPTN Certified Group Fitness Leader (CPTN-CGFL)
- CPTN Certified Post-Rehabilitation Conditioning Specialist (CPTN-CPRCS)
- CPTN Certified Yoga Specialist (CPTN-CYS)
Specialist Certification Programs In Partnership With CPTN
- FAI - Functional Aging Group Exercise Specialist (FAI-FAGES)
- IYCA Youth Fitness Specialist Level 1 (IYCA-YFS L1)
- IYCA Youth Fitness Specialist Level 2 (IYCA-YFS L2)
- NASE Speed and Explosion Specialist Level 1 (NASE-SES L1)
- NASE Speed and Explosion Specialist Level 2 (NASE-SES L2)
- YTS - FPM Barbell Training Specialist (YTS-BTS)
- YTS - FPM Bodyweight Training Specialist (YTS-BWTS)
- YTS - FPM Mind-Body Specialist (YTS-MBS)
- YTS - FPM Program Design Specialist (YTS-PDS L1-3)
Benefits of CPTN Certification Include:
- Preapproval for Liability Insurance from vetted policy providers
- National recognition of commitment to the highest standards of excellence
- Public listing on CPTN’s Certified Trainer Search to aid in referrals
- Being able to earn CECs with professional Online Courses courses and workshops
- Being eligible to join CPTN’s leadership team of Practical Assessors, Course Conductors and Mentors
- Being able to start own business as a Personal Trainer
Personal Trainer Certification Transfer to CPTN-CPT
You might be eligible to transfer an existing CPT certification from another organization to become a CPTN-CPT. Your certification status should be current or no more than 6 months overdue. You will be required to provide documentation.
- CPTN-CPT Transfer Application Form (PDF, 90KB)
Certification Renewal for CPTN Trainers
To maintain your CPTN certification status, you are required to renew each year or every 2 years. Renewal requires 7 CECs to renew for one year or 14 CECs to renew for two years. You are also required to submit updated First Aid and CPR Level C certifications. Courses which are not CPTN approved must be Petitioned for screening and can earn a maximum of 7 CECs. One hour of continuing education equals 1 CPTN CEC up to a maximum of 7 CECs per petition.
- Certification Renewal Online Form
- Certification Renewal Form (PDF, 41KB)
- First Aid and CPR/AED Level C
Note: CPTN requires updated First Aid and CPR to become certified and recertified even if training demographic is considered risk free. CPTN will honour the renewal period or expiration date listed on cards provided. If a recommended renewal or expiration date is not present, then CPTN will honour the card for 1-Year from the date of completion.
Certification Renewal for CPTN-CPT Trainers (6 Months Overdue)
CPTN Award of Merit
The CPTN Award of Merit was developed to recognize the excellent contributions of CPTN Certified Personal Trainers (CPTN-CPT) in the areas of: advance certification, professional development of trainers, community involvement, athletic accomplishments and media recognition. Recognized trainers are awarded the designation: CPTN-CPT.M. Submissions can be made throughout the year and the new designations will be announced at the annual CPTN Conference.