CPTN Certification Renewal Online (CPTN Approved CECs)
Warning: Please ensure valid documentation is submitted as it will be used for verification and fraud auditing purposes.
Trainers who are within the 6 months overdue period are eligible for Certification Renewal Online or using the Certification Renewal Form (PDF, 41KB). Trainers exceeding 6 months are asked to contact Education Services.
Note: Non-approved courses which cannot be verified for completion (e.g. Books / DVD) or courses without Proof of Completion certificates are not eligible for the petitioning or certification renewal process.
- Accumulate a minimum of 7 CECs for 1-Year or 14 CECs for 2-Year prior to expiration or renewal.
- Submit a CEC Petition for non-approved courses or conferences prior to renewal and wait for petition approval.
- Upload PDF or JPG certificates of completion including current First Aid and CPR C/AED certificate or card.
- Submit the Certification Renewal Form with the approved CECs and complete the transaction process.
Note: Courses must be current for the certification renewal period. Extra CECs are not transferable to the next renewal period. You are encouraged to use the maximum available credits at the time of renewal.
- Certificate of completion
- Current First Aid (STANDARD or EMERGENCY) certification.
- Current Adult-Child-Infant CPR C/AED certification.
Note: Non-approved courses must be petitioned using the CEC Petitions Online Form or the CEC Petitions Form (PDF, 45KB) prior to renewal. There is a processing fee of $15 CAD + HST per course/event/conference petitioned.