CPTN Certification Renewal Online for CPTN Certified Trainers
All CPTN certified personal trainers are expected to keep relevant in terms of continuing education credits (CECs) with Online Courses, Workshops or Conferences and maintain their status through certification renewal.
You will be able to renew for 1-Year with CPTN-7 CECs or 2-Years with CPTN-14 CECs. One hour of continuing education equals 1 CPTN CEC. CEC proof of completion including current First Aid and CPR C/AED certificates will be required for Document Submission at the time of renewal.
You are not limited to CPTN affiliated courses and can take related courses from other providers then Petition them for a total of 7 credits. If approved, courses can be submitted as a petitioned credit on the Certification Renewal form.
- Accumulate a minimum of 7 CECs for 1-Year or 14 CECs for 2-Year prior to expiration or renewal.
- Submit a CEC Petition for non-approved courses or conferences prior to renewal and wait for petition approval.
- Upload PDF or JPG certificates of completion including current First Aid and CPR C/AED certificate or card.
- Submit the Certification Renewal Form with the approved CECs and complete the transaction process.
Note: Courses submitted must be relevant and within 6 months of the certification renewal date. Extra CECs are not transferable to the next renewal period. You are advised to use the maximum available credits at the time of renewal.
- Certificate of completion (provider proof of completion)
- Current First Aid (STANDARD or EMERGENCY) certificate or card
- Current Adult-Child-Infant CPR C/AED certificate or card
Note: Non-approved courses must be petitioned using the CEC Petitions Online Form or the CEC Petitions Form (PDF, 45KB) prior to certification renewal. There is a processing fee of $15 CAD + HST per course/event petitioned.
Certification Renewal Fees (Membership Included)
Standard 1-Year Renewal Option:
Standard 2-Year Renewal Option:
Note: Trainers exceeding 6 months are advised to contact Education Services for personal options of reinstatement.