CPTN Certification Renewal Online (For CPTN Certified Members)
Warning: Please ensure valid documentation is submitted as it will be used for verification and fraud auditing purposes.
Your CPTN certification status is due for renewal prior to the expiration date. Prior to expiration rate is given to current certification holders. Membership accounts will become deactivated on the expiration date and late renewal rate applies thereafter. Trainers exceeding 6 months are asked to contact Education Services as requirements are increased.
- Accumulate a minimum of 7 CECs for 1-Year or 14 CECs for 2-Year prior to expiration or renewal.
- Submit a CEC Petition for non-approved courses or conferences prior to renewal and wait for petition approval.
- Upload PDF or JPG certificates of completion including current First Aid and CPR C/AED certificate or card.
- Submit the Certification Renewal Form with the approved CECs and complete the transaction process.
Note: Courses submitted must be relevant and within 6 months of the certification renewal date. Extra CECs are not transferable to the next renewal period. You are advised to use the maximum available credits at the time of renewal.
- Certificate of completion
- Current First Aid (STANDARD or EMERGENCY) certification
- Current Adult-Child-Infant CPR C/AED certification
Note: Non-approved courses must be petitioned using the CEC Petitions Online Form or the CEC Petitions Form (PDF, 45KB) prior to renewal. There is a processing fee of $15 CAD + HST per course/event petitioned.