About the Certified Professional Trainers Network (CPTN) Inc.
The Certified Professional Trainers Network (CPTN) Inc. has firm roots as the former Canadian Personal Trainers Network, first established in 1991. Our organization integrates current research and practical applications for education, communication, professional development, certification and marketing opportunities for Personal Trainers to maintain a leading edge on professional training developments.
- Integrate current research and practical applications to education and marketing opportunities for Personal Trainers.
- Form a strong, supportive, and active network of Personal Trainers.
- Establish health and fitness partnerships at the local, and national levels.
- Increase public awareness of personal training, and its direct relationship to health & fitness.
- Develop and implement nationally, and internationally recognized Certifications.
- Encourage international liaisons and keep on the cutting edge of personal training developments.
CPTN Executive Committee
- Susan Lee, PhD, CPTN-CPT
- Yee Chau
- Vice President – Membership and Information Services
- Lucinda Jensen, BPE (Honours), CPTN-CPT
- Chair – Conference, Education and Information Services
CPTN Record of Accomplishments
- 2013 - Celebrating Conference 2013 our 20th annual conference and service to personal trainers
- 2013 - Developed the Certified Older Adult Training Specialist (CPTN-COATS) certification program
- 2013 - Developed the Certified Group Fitness Leader (CPTN-CGFL) certification program
- 2011 - Gained National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) CEU accreditation for fitness workshops
- 2011 - Gained Canadian Athletic Therapist Association (CATA) CEC accreditation for fitness Workshops
- 2010 - Developed the Certified Yoga Specialist (CPTN-CYS) certification program
- 2010 - Developed the Certified Post-Rehabilitation Conditioning Specialist (CPTN-CPRCS) certification program
- 2010 - Gained British Columbia Association of Kinesiologists (BCAK) CEC accreditation for fitness workshops
- 2004 - International Certification Recognition through IDEA Personal Fitness Trainer Recognition System
- 2004 - Redeveloped website to be AODA and W3C WCAG-AA standards compliant for users with disabilities
- 2003 - Developed the course The Art and Science of Personal Training Level 1: The Essentials for teaching trainers
- 2003 - Launched CPTN Trainer website to teach personal training through instructional videos online
- 2003 - Created the Award of Merit (CPTN-CPT.M) to recognize personal trainers committed to excellence
- 2003 - Held a Fast Track Course on Personal Training workshop throughout Canada
- 2001 - Featured in CITY-TV, CBC Marketplace, The Athlete, The Globe and Mail, and The Toronto Star newspapers
- 1999 - Outstanding Achievement Awards for Personal Trainers (precursor to CPTN Award of Merit)
- 1999 - Find A Trainer search launched to promote health and fitness services of Certified Personal Trainers
- 1999 - Launched website
- 1996 - Created a Certified Pilates Specialist (CPTN-CPS) certification
- 1995 - Featured in Macleans, Canadian Living, Canadian Fitness, Fitness Business Canada and other magazines
- 1995 - Launched the CPTN Reports
- 1995 - Contributed to NFLAC’s Specialist Guidelines for Personal Trainers as a committee Member
- 1994 - Launched Canada’s first national Personal Trainer certification (CPTN-CPT)
- 1993 - Launched Canada’s first Personal Trainers Conference Tracking Trends
- 1992 - Assembled a network of experts from top fitness and sports facilities and education institutions
- 1991 - Registered Canadian Personal Trainers Network as a small business