About the Certified Professional Trainers Network (CPTN) Inc.
The Certified Professional Trainers Network (CPTN) Inc. has firm roots as the former Canadian Personal Trainers Network, first established in 1993. Our organization integrates current research and practical applications for education, communication, professional development, certification and marketing opportunities for Personal Trainers to maintain a leading edge on professional training developments.
- Integrate current research and practical applications to education and marketing opportunities for Personal Trainers.
- Form a strong, supportive, and active network of Personal Trainers.
- Establish health and fitness partnerships at the local, and national levels.
- Increase public awareness of personal training, and its direct relationship to health and fitness.
- Develop and implement nationally, and internationally recognized Certifications.
- Encourage international liaisons and keep on the cutting edge of personal training developments.
CPTN Record of Accomplishments
- 2022 - Introduced The Group Fitness Leader course as an on-demand format
- 2021 - Hosted our third Online Conference featuring international presenters
- 2021 - Introduced The Art & Science course as an on-demand format
- 2020 - Introduced The Art & Science workshop virtual classroom format
- 2020 - Hosted our first Online Conference during a pandemic as our commitment to education continues
- 2018 - Celebrating Conference 2018 our 25th annual conference and service to personal trainers
- 2016 - Accommodated legal candidates with learning disabilities with online testing in compliance with AODA
- 2014 - Expanded CPTN certification programs with online testing and submission process to international trainers
- 2013 - Celebrating Conference 2013 our 20th annual conference and service to personal trainers
- 2013 - Developed the Certified Older Adult Training Specialist (CPTN-COATS) certification program
- 2013 - Developed the Certified Group Fitness Leader (CPTN-CGFL) certification program
- 2010 - Developed the Certified Yoga Specialist (CPTN-CYS) certification program
- 2010 - Developed the Certified Post-Rehabilitation Conditioning Specialist (CPTN-CPRCS) certification program
- 2004 - International certification recognition through IDEA Personal Fitness Trainer Recognition System
- 2004 - Redeveloped website to be AODA and W3C WCAG-AA standards compliant for users with disabilities
- 2003 - Developed The Art & Science of Personal Training Level 1: The Essentials program for teaching trainers
- 2003 - Launched CPTN Trainer website to teach personal training through instructional videos online
- 2003 - Created the Award of Merit distinction (CPTN-CPT.M) to recognize personal trainers committed to excellence
- 2003 - Held a Fast Track Course on Personal Training workshop throughout Canada
- 2001 - Featured in CITY-TV, CBC Marketplace, The Athlete, The Globe and Mail, and The Toronto Star newspapers
- 1999 - Issued outstanding Achievement Awards for Personal Trainers (precursor to CPTN Award of Merit)
- 1999 - Find A Trainer search launched to promote health and fitness services of Certified Personal Trainers
- 1999 - Launched our website
- 1996 - Developed the Certified Pilates Specialist (CPTN-CPS) certification
- 1995 - Featured in Macleans, Canadian Living, Canadian Fitness, Fitness Business Canada and other magazines
- 1995 - Launched the CPTN Reports
- 1995 - Contributed to NFLAC's Specialist Guidelines for Personal Trainers as a committee Member
- 1994 - Launched Canada's first national Personal Trainer certification (CPTN-CPT)
- 1993 - Launched Canada's first Personal Trainers Conference Tracking Trends