The Art and Science of Personal Training - Fast Track
Important: Please read the CPTN-CPT Getting Started Guidelines to learn about its relationship to this workshop.
The CPTN Art & Science of Personal Training Fast Track workshop is specifically developed for the experienced fitness professional or physical education graduate. This 2-day course covers the key elements of anatomy, exercise physiology, biomechanics, nutrition, program design, resistance training, communications, health conditions and special populations. It covers the essentials required for the theory component of the CPTN Personal Trainer Certification.
The following topics will be discussed:
- Health Screening
- Exercise Physiology
- Communication & Consulting Skills
- Disability & Personal Training
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Resistance Training
- Legal Liability
- Program Design
- CPTN. (2010). CPTN The Art & Science of Personal Training: The Essentials (4th Edition) Manual. CPTN Inc.
Note: The manual is mailed out prior to start of the workshop and it is also provided with non-member registration.
- Biel, A. R. (2014). Trail Guide to the Body: A Hands-on Guide to Locating Muscles, Bones and More (5th Edition). Books of Discovery
- Notebooks, pen, pencil, paper, etc…
Note: Attendees do not require First Aid or CPR training to attend this workshop. Candidates pursuing the CPTN-CPT certification are required to obtain current First Aid and CPR certification before their certificates can be issued.
- View the Workshop Schedule for available workshops.