CEC Petitions Online (For Non-Approved Courses)
Petitioning is the process of having a non-approved course be reviewed for acceptance of continuing education credits. Courses that are not listed on Online Courses, Workshops and from our Conferences can be petitioned for a maximum of 7 Continuing Education Credits (CECs). One hour of continuing education equals 1 CPTN CEC.
- Obtain as much of the following as proof of completion for the course to be submitted:
- a scanned image or document of the certificate of completion,
- a scanned image or document of the title page,
- a scanned image or document of the course outline (Indicating Hours),
- a scanned image or document of the table of contents,
- a scanned image or document of transcripts.
- Submit the requirements using our Document Upload page or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit the Petition Form and complete the transaction process.
Note: A maximum of 7 CPTN CECs can be awarded to petitioned courses/events. There is a processing fee of $15 CAD + HST per course/event petitioned. Conference events with multiple sessions just requires a single petition.
Courses Not Accepted Through Petition
- Activities and training sessions
- Master classes and workouts
- Clinical hours
- Teaching hours
- Self-preparation for a test/quiz/exam or lecturing
- Job preparation training courses
- Health and Fitness Books
- Health and Fitness VHS/CD/DVD training
- Courses outside the scope of Health and Fitness
Note: Courses which cannot be verified with the submission of certificates of completion or letter of attendance will not be eligible for petitioning. All courses must have been completed within 6 months and related to health and fitness.
- For certification programs - Certificate of completion and course agenda
- For school courses - Course syllabus (Indicating Hours) / Official/Unofficial Transcript
- For online courses - Certificate of completion / course outline (Indicating Hours)
- For live courses - Certificate of completion and course outline (Indicating Hours)