CEC Petitions Online (For Non-Approved Courses)
Courses that are not listed on Online Courses, Workshops and from our Conferences can be petitioned for a maximum of 7 Continuing Education Credits (CECs). The courses must be recent, and relevant to health and fitness.
- Obtain as much of the following as proof of completion for the course to be submitted:
- a scanned image or document of the certificate of completion,
- a scanned image or document of the title page,
- a scanned image or document of the course outline (indicating course hours),
- a scanned image or document of the table of contents,
- a scanned image or document of transcripts.
- Submit the requirements using our Document Upload page or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit the Petition Form and complete the transaction process.
Note: A maximum of 7 CPTN CECs can be awarded to petitioned courses/events. There is a processing fee of $15 CAD + HST per course/event petitioned. Conference events with multiple sessions just requires a single petition.
Courses Not Accepted Through Petition
- Activities and training sessions
- Master classes and workouts
- Clinical hours
- Teaching hours
- Self-preparation for a test/quiz/exam or lecturing
- Job preparation training courses
- Health and Fitness Books
- Health and Fitness VHS/CD/DVD training
- Courses outside the scope of Health and Fitness
Note: Courses which cannot be verified for completion and courses without Proof of Completion certificates or letters will not be eligible for petitioning. Petitioning of unrelated courses for CECs does not guarantee acceptance.
- For certification programs - Certificate of completion and course agenda
- For school courses - Course syllabus (Indicating Hours) / Official/Unofficial Transcript
- For online courses - Certificate of completion / course outline (Indicating Hours)
- For live courses - Certificate of completion and course outline (Indicating Hours)