CPTN The Art and Science of Personal Training - On-Demand
Important: Please read the CPTN-CPT Getting Started Guidelines to learn about its relationship to this course.
The Art and Science of Personal Training on-demand course is a preparation course for the CPTN-CPT distinction. It was designed for those interested in becoming a Personal Trainer but unsure where to start, or candidates who lack the science-based education behind the training techniques. It is also for those who may have an academic background in the physical sciences who seek a refresher before writing the CPT Exams.
The course materials highlight and discuss the key aspects of the 11 chapters of The Art & Science of Personal Training: The Essentials (4th Edition) Manual.
The presentations emphasize questions to empower trainer candidates by leveraging their current knowledge and stimulating their own thinking.
Candidates will study the course materials at their own pace and have access to two tutoring sessions with an instructor.
A 46-question multiple-choice practice exam is included with the course fee. The exam must attempted in order to complete the course and passing grade of 75% or higher achieved to earn continuing education credits.
Course candidates will have up to 6 months to complete the course materials before losing access.
Upon registering for the course, you will be asked to create a member account using your e-mail address and to set a password on the CPTN Trainer website. This information permits you to access the course materials immediately.
Note: The course manual will be mailed. Access to the course videos, handouts and templates will be provided through the members area of the CPTN Trainer website. No course materials will be e-mailed.
- Health Screening
- Exercise Physiology
- Communication & Consulting Skills
- Disability & Personal Training
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Resistance Training
- Legal Liability
- Program Design
Note: Manual is included in the cost of the course.
- Biel, A. R. (2019). Trail Guide to the Body: A Hands-on Guide to Locating Muscles, Bones and More (6th Edition). Books of Discovery
- Exam: 90 minutes (1.5 Hours) – 46 multiple-choice questions
- Passing Grade: Practice Exam C – 75% or higher
- Notebooks, pen, pencil, paper, etc…
- Laptop or Desktop computer
- Broadband Internet connection
- CPTN CECs: 14.0
- You will build confidence and gain an understanding in writing the CPTN-CPT Theory Exam.
Planning for CPTN-CPT Certification
Upon completion of the course materials, tutoring sessions, and practice exam, candidates are recommended to pursue the CPTN-CPT certification distinction by writing the actual CPTN-CPT Theory Exam within 1-3 weeks of completing the course materials. A passing grade of 75% or higher on the theory exam advances the candidate to the practical exam. The CPTN-CPT Practical Exam also requires a passing grade of 75% or higher in each major component tested.
Note: The cost of the CPTN-CPT Theory Exam is not included in this course. The CPTN-CPT Theory Exam fee includes the practical assessment for the first attempt. Additional fees are applicable for subsequent rewrite attempts.
Terms of Agreement
By registering for this online course:
- I agree not to share my login ID and password.
- I agree that I will have access to the course materials for 6 months and will lose that access at the end of the 6 month time period.
- I agree that I have access to two one-hour tutoring sessions that will expire 2 months after registering for the course.
- I agree that recording/copying the presentation videos is strictly prohibited under copyright and trademark infringement laws.
- I agree that completion of this course does not equal certification status, and that I must complete the CPTN-CPT Theory Exam and Practical Exam and submit the required documents to earn CPTN certification status.
All sales are final. No refunds will be issued once access to the course content has been issued.
- View the Online Courses page to register for the course.