Your CPTN certification status is due for renewal each year or every 2 years. You require 7 CECs to renew for 1 year or 14 CECs to renew for 2 years. One hour of continuing education equals 1 CPTN CEC up to a maximum of 14 CECs. CECs will not be carried over (banked) to the next recertification period.
- Obtain as much of the following as proof of completion for the course to be submitted:
- a scanned image or document of the certificate of completion,
- a scanned image or document of the title page,
- a scanned image or document of the course outline (indicating course hours),
- a scanned image or document of the table of contents,
- a scanned image or document of transcripts.
- Submit a Petition for CPTN to screen a non-approved course or event for credits.
- Submit the requirements using our Document Upload page or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: A maximum of 7 CPTN CECs (CPTN-7) petitioned will be allowed. There is a processing fee of $15 per course/event/conference petitioned.
Note: Membership fees are waived for returning CPTN Certified Trainers, please proceed to the Certification Renewal page.