Your CPTN certification status is due for renewal each year or every 2 years. You require 7 CECs to renew for 1 year or 14 CECs to renew for 2 years. One hour of continuing education equals 1 CPTN CEC up to a maximum of 14 CECs. We prohibit the banking of CECs as such extra unused credits will not be carried over to the next recertification period. You are encourged to use the maximum available credits at the time of renewal.
- Obtain as much of the following as proof of completion for the course to be submitted:
- a scanned image or document of the certificate of completion,
- a scanned image or document of the title page,
- a scanned image or document of the course outline (indicating course hours),
- a scanned image or document of the table of contents,
- a scanned image or document of transcripts.
- Submit a Petition for CPTN to screen a non-approved course or event for credits.
- Submit the requirements using our Document Upload page or e-mail to email@example.com.
Note: A maximum of 7 CPTN CECs (CPTN-7) petitioned will be allowed. There is a processing fee of $15 per course/event/conference petitioned.
Note: Membership fee is waived for returning CPTN Certified Trainers, please view the Certification Renewal page.