Sheldon Persad’s Personal Trainer Profile
|Certifications:|| First Aid
|Specialties:||Fitness Education Instruction (Presenter)
High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT / High Repetitions / Muscle Exhaustive Exercises)
Periodized Program Design (Long-term / Short-term Schedule Development)
Personal Training Business Development
Elite Athlete Conditioning
Strength and Conditioning
|Affiliations:||CPTN (Co-Founder), CPTN (Practical Assessor Instructor), Personal Best Health & Performance Inc. (Co-Founder), NCCP Course Conductor, Excelerate Sport Performance Course Conductor, Advantage 4 Athletes Coach, Seneca College Instructor, Canadian Sports Centre Ontario|
|Web Search:||Fitness Education Instruction (Presenter) Toronto, High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT / High Repetitions / Muscle Exhaustive Exercises) Toronto, Periodized Program Design (Long-term / Short-term Schedule Development) Toronto, Personal Training Business Development Toronto, Elite Athlete Conditioning Toronto, Strength and Conditioning Toronto|
Sheldon Persad’s Continuing Education Courses
Sheldon has completed the following additional courses for self-improvement and to improve client training:
- CPTN Conference, May 2004 (7 Hours)
- CPTN Practical Assessor Workshop, Aug. 2014 (7 Hours)
- CPTN Conference, Jun. 2005 (7 Hours)
- CPTN Conference, Jul. 2008 (7 Hours)
- CPTN Conference, May 2009 (7 Hours)
- CPTN Conference, Jun. 2011 (7 Hours)
- CPTN Conference, Jun. 2013 (7 Hours)
- SPIN Summit 2014, Oct. 2014 (7 Hours)
- CPTN Conference, Jun. 2015 (7 Hours)
- CPTN Conference, Jun. 2016 (7 Hours)
- CSIO - Strength and Conditioning Clinic, Dec. 2017 (7 Hours)
- CSIO - Strength and Conditioning Clinic, Dec. 2018 (7 Hours)
- Leaders in Performance - Sport Performance Summit, Mar. 2019 (7 Hours)
Sheldon Persad’s Top 10 Health & Fitness Reading Resources
- CPTN. (2005). The Art & Science of Personal Training: The Essentials (4th ed.) Manual. CPTN Inc.
Sheldon Persad’s Clients Before/After Transformation Photos
Note: All approved before/after transformation photos are cropped from shoulder to knees to protect identities.
Sheldon Persad’s Videos of Practical / Instruction / Demonstrations
Sheldon Persad’s Awards / Media Recognition
- Human Kinetics 2015 Continuing Education Catalog (PDF, 8MB)
- National Post Interviews Sheldon for 80 Year Old Marathoner
- Canadian Sports Institute Ontario
- SWIS Strength Training for Endurance Athletes
- iRun Magazine - Issue 03 2014
- CBC Interviews Sheldon for Fitness Clubs Touting 4 Minute Workout
Sheldon Persad’s Publications
- Lee, S. S. & Persad, S. R. K. (2003). Business Strategies for Personal Training. Canadian Personal Trainers Network Inc.
Sheldon Persad’s Reviews / References / Testimonials
In the numerous years that I've been with Personal Best Inc., Sheldon is one of the most recognizable figures in Sports Coaching. He's been coaching Canadian Athletes for the longest time. He's passionate about business development of trainers and performance of athletes and his athletes can attest to that. – Caron S.
Sheldon has been training personal trainers to professional athletes since co-founding the CPTN Inc. His leadership and knowledge in health and fitness has helped him to achieve great success in field. He continues to teach trainers the essentials of starting a personal trainer business. – Susan L.
From the moment an athlete enters [Advantage 4 Athletes (A4A)] and is greeted by the inspirational weekly quotation, a team (and any individual) knows they are going to train to their potential. The program for the athlete is based on periodization and meeting their sport specific needs. My club players benefit immensely from Sheldon's time and expertise. – Robert B.