CPTN Certification Renewal Online (CPTN Approved CECs)
Important: Please ensure valid documentation is submitted as it will be used for legal verification and fraud auditing.
You can renew your CPTN Certification status online or use the Certification Renewal Form (PDF, 41KB). You will be required to submit the appropriate documents to CPTN through online submission or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: CPTN requires current First Aid and CPR Level C certifications to become CPTN certified and re-certified. CPTN will honour the recommended renewal period or expiration date listed on First Aid cards. If a renewal or expiration date is not present, CPTN will honour the card for 1-Year from the date of completion.
- Accumulate a minimum of 7 CECs for 1-Year or 14 CECs for 2-Year renewal.
- Submit scanned images or documents of current First Aid and CPR Level C certifications at the time of renewal.
- Submit CEC petitions for non-CPTN courses or conferences prior to renewal and wait for an approval notification.
- If a course was Petitioned and approved, complete the renewal form below with the awarded CECs.
Note: Scanned copies of all CEC documents including First Aid and CPR information is required for online submission or e-mail to email@example.com. A maximum of 14 CECs will be allowed for a 2-Year renewal. Extra/Unused CECs will not be carried over to the next renewal period. CECs must be completed between the last and current renewal period.
- Proof of Completion (Certificates of Completion)
- Current First Aid Certification Card
- Current Adult-Child-Infant CPR C/AED Certification
- Current AED Certification card (1 credit – no petition required)
- Certificate of attendance at a fitness convention (up to 7 CECs – CEC Petition required non-approved events)
- CEC petitions for other relevant courses
Note: Non-approved courses must be petitioned using the CEC Petitions Online Form or the CEC Petitions Form (PDF, 45KB) prior to renewal. There is a processing fee of $15 per course/event/conference petitioned. You require 7 CECs to renew for one year or 14 CECs to renew for two years. One hour of continuing education equals 1 CPTN CEC up to a maximum of 7 CPTN CECs petitioned will be allowed. Earn additional credits through Online Courses.
Certification Renewal Fees
Standard 1-Year Renewal Option:
Standard 2-Year Renewal Option:
Note: Member Login is required to obtain rates prior to expiration. Late certification renewals will show a new expiration date that is reflective of the expired date. For example, if a certification expired in Jan. 2018 and is then renewed in Mar. 2018 for the 1-Year option, the new expiration would be Jan. 2019. You will receive a shorter recertification period.
Members possessing the CPTN-CPT plus another CPTN certification which is/are due for renewal prior to expiration (Member Login required), will now be able to select 1 OR 2 additional CPTN certifications when renewing the CPTN-CPT certification. That's 25-45% savings over the standard renewal options. Savings based on selection.
Plus: All CPTN-CPT renewal options have waived membership fees (a $70+ HST value). Must posses additional CPTN certifications.