The Flexible Periodization Method - Advanced Program Design for the Fitness Client
A Message from Karsten Jensen, M.Sc., Strength Coach to World Class and Olympic Athletes and Author of The Flexible Periodization Method
The hourly rate for a personal trainer can be as low as $10 per hour or as high as $200 per hour.
If a compensation of 10, 15 or even 20 dollars per hour makes it challenging to make the income you want, you may be forced to leave the job that you are truly passionate about.
The way to "climb up" the income ladder is to "over-deliver on the quality of your service" by creating MORE RESULT-PRODUCING TRAINING programs.
"I believe this course is a mandatory must for all trainers. This could be the one topic that we, as a group of trainers, lack the most direction and cohesion." – Gino Zinga, Personal Trainer, CPTN Assessor
Through 9 specific steps, The Flexible Periodization Method shows you how to create more result-producing training programs, by applying a long-term approach and by making each program uniquely tailored to each client's needs.
By mastering the art and science of creating long-term, periodized training programs with The Flexible Periodization Method, you:
- are in a position to sell macrocycles of 16-20 weeks instead of packages of 4-6 sessions, thus increasing client retention and revenue.
- have taken the first step towards a business model in which the client also pays for the program and not only your time with them.
Here is what you will learn in this intense 16-hour seminar
- De-mystifying "periodization"
- Example of a 16-week periodized program for a client seeking body composition changes - including many "ready to use" strategies.
- A detailed description of The Flexible Periodization Method.
- How to apply the 9 steps of The Flexible Periodization Method to create a training program.
- Expanded to 3 hours: Opportunity to work on creating a long-term plan for a current client.
- A quick review of the theory built into the Flexible Periodization Method.
- NEW: Many more exercise examples.
- NEW: Bio-Motor Abilities – The Most Comprehensive List Available Today.
- NEW: 15 additional Method Variations that you can copy and paste directly into your program template.
- NEW: Bonus article – How Your Clients Can Benefit From the Principles of Periodization even if they ONLY sign-up for 3 Sessions.
"Karsten's physiological and anatomical knowledge is fantastic. We should all as fitness professionals strive to add this kind of scientific background to even our most basic of clients." – Jon Gardhouse, CPTN-CPT
To enhance your benefit from the seminar, it is recommended that you study the FREE electronic copy of The Flexible Periodization Method as well as the FREE Planning and Programming Sheets that you get access to when you sign-up.
The Flexible Periodization Method is built into the Program Design Chapter in the newest version of the "Art And Science of Personal Training" manual. Attendance at this seminar will expand your knowledge of this important component of a trainer's skill-set.
- Notebooks, pen, pencil, paper etc...
Karsten Jensen, (2010) The Flexible Periodization Method. The Write Fit.
Karsten Jensen, M.Sc., CPTN-CPT.M, C.H.E.K 2, HLC 3
Strength and Conditioning Expert Karsten Jensen has helped world class and Olympic athletes from 14 different sports since 1993. Many of his athletes have won Olympic medals, European Championships, World Championships and ATP Tournaments. He believes in the unlimited potential of the human being and shares his viewpoints as an international speaker, author of several books and educator with the Certified Professional Trainers Network. He currently works as a high performance trainer at the University of Toronto and also shares "Insider Principles of World Class Strength and Conditioning Methods" through his website www.yestostrength.com. He holds a Masters degree in Exercise Physiology as well as several other certifications. For more information please visit www.yestostrength.com.
"This workshop is a must for fitness professionals who need clarity and base fundamentals in their clients program design. Puts theory into practical applications." – Mike Cicinelli, CPTN-CPT, CFC
- View Workshop Schedule for available courses.