Combination Exercises Workshop
"They laughed when I said I could give them a muscle building, fat burning, full body workout in 20 minutes – until I showed them Combination Exercises."
The average training session is 60 minutes in duration, during which timeframe you’re often required to give your client/athlete a proper warm up, the strength component of the workout, the energy systems component of the workout and a proper cool down...not a small feat in 60 minutes! Have you ever experienced that it was difficult (read: impossible) to fit it all in? Combination Exercises are the "secret weapon" for the trainer who wants to accomplish MORE in the same time frame:
What is Combination Exercises?
Combination Exercises are defined as a sequence of exercises consisting of 2-4 individual exercises weaved together to allow for 2-4 minutes of (uninterrupted) time under tension. Typically, the transition between each component is smooth and the start position of the next component is equal to the end position of the previous component. The 2-4 components may be minor variations of the same movement pattern or they may consist of different movement patterns.
Instead of putting the weight down when fatigue sets in, the client continues with another exercise variation that stimulates the body in a different manner – for up to 4 exercise variations and 4 minutes of continued, muscle building, fat burning, endurance producing effort.
Benefits of Combination Exercises When the components are optimally sequenced, combination exercises allow for a unique combination of medium to high intensity and high volume. Combination exercises can be used to engage a larger portion of potentially available motor units in a certain body part or movement pattern and, by the same token, be a strong stimulus to increase muscle mass.
What you will learn in this 7-hour workshop
- The principles of designing your own Combination Exercises
- Learn the 2-3 key Combination Exercises for the squat movement, bending (dead lifts and good morning), Lunges, Pushing, Pulling, Rotation, Arms and Core
- For each of the listed movements/body parts you will learn the key exercises with bodyweight only, barbells, dumbbells, cables or machines. 8 movement patterns/body parts x 3 types of equipment = 24 NEW exercises
- How to create Combination Exercises that also stimulate the cardiorespiratory system
- 8 "ready-to-use" muscle building, fat burning workouts with the exercises you just learned (each of these workouts are 20-30 min in duration)
- How to integrate the Combination Exercises into a long-term (12-20 weeks) periodized training plan.
- Notebooks, pen, pencil, paper etc...
Karsten Jensen, M.Sc., CPTN-CPT.M, C.H.E.K 2, HLC 3
Strength and Conditioning Expert Karsten Jensen has helped world class and Olympic athletes from 14 different sports since 1993. Many of his athletes have won Olympic medals, European Championships, World Championships and ATP Tournaments. He believes in the unlimited potential of the human being and shares his viewpoints as an international speaker, author of several books and educator with the Certified Professional Trainers Network. He currently works as a high performance trainer at the University of Toronto and also shares "Insider Principles of World Class Strength and Conditioning Methods" through his website www.yestostrength.com. He holds a Masters degree in Exercise Physiology as well as several other certifications. For more information please visit www.yestostrength.com.
Combination Exercises Testimonials
"Very informative and thorough." – Jason Bay, CPTN-CPT
"Amazing and very useful!" – April Hawtin, RN, CPTN-CPT
"Fun and active. Learnt useful tools for my training." – Ian Stewart
"As usual you come away feeling that you learned something new, you understand it and you can use it in practical applications." – Ted Patterson
"A fabulous way to learn new variations of common exercises with or without complex gym equipment." – Stephanie Oldfield
- View Workshop Schedule for available courses.